Dengue is a very common and fatal disease affecting almost every part of the world. It is a mosquito-borne disease also known as break-bone fever. The dengue is caused by four different viruses and spread by Aedes mosquitoes that can lead to severe flu-like illness. Fever, headache, skin rashes, muscle, and joint pain are some of the main symptoms of dengue fever.
The dengue virus cannot be transmitted from one infected person to another and requires a specific kind of mosquito to transmit it from one person to another.
A healthy and balanced diet chart for dengue fever comprising all the essential nutrients play a key role in reducing dengue symptoms and dengue fever. Below is Life Aveda,s diet chart for dengue patients recommended by eminent doctors that ensures fast recovery and reduces the dengue symptoms.
Diet Chart for Dengue Patients
Early Morning Diet in Dengue Fever
Amla Juice, Aloe Vera Juice, Giloy Juice.
Recommendation: Patient can choose the juice day-wise: Empty stomach will work More.
Veg Upma, Veg Dalia, Veg Sewain, Veg Poha,
Brown Bread Sandwich Chappati, Vegetable with 1 egg white.
Mid Morning Diet
Fruit juices, like pomegranate juice, papaya juice, coconut nut water.
Chappati, Veg Pulao, Boiled rice, Veg Khichri, Vegetable, Dal, and Curd
Green Tea, Ginger Tea, Red juice, Papaya leaves juice, Rice flakes snack
Any homemade soup
Plain Chappati, Veg Khichri, Veg Dalia, Vegetables, and Daal.
Goat Milk with a pinch of turmeric.
List of Foods to Consume and Avoid in Dengue Fever
|Food to Consume in Dengue Fever||Food to Avoid in Dengue Fever|
|Vegetables||Spinach, Papaya Leaves, bottle guard, potatoes, cabbage, pumpkin, round guard, Turnip, radish, beetroot, broccoli, mushroom, tomato, cucumber, onion, fenugreek leaves, carrot, coriander leaves.||Red and Green Chilli, Frozen vegetables, Capsicum, Okra|
|Fruits||Papaya, Pineapple, Strawberry, Guava, Kiwi, Pomegranate, apples, pears, watermelon, muskmelon||Packaged and Citrus Fruits|
|Beverages||Coconut Water, Herbal Tea, Carrot juice, Cucumber juice, pineapple juice, kiwi juice, pomegranate juice, Guava juice, Papaya leaves juice, Amla juice, Aloe vera juice, and Giloy Juice||Coffee, Tea, Alchohol, Carbonated drinks, Canned fruit juices, lime water|
|Grains||Wheat, Rice, Oatmeal, millet, Quinoa, Semolina, barely||Refined Flour|
|Legumes||Split Pulses||Dried and frozen Pulses|
|Spices||Turmeric, Cumin, carom, Fennel, Mint, Coriander, Fenugreek, Limited quantity of salt||Red Chilli powder, Clove.|
|Nuts||Almonds, Raisins, Walnuts||Peanuts, Cashew Nuts|
|Oils||Olive oil, Flaxseed oil, mustard oil, Soybean oil||Coconut oil and Palm oil|
|Dairy Products||Goat Milk, Cow Ghee||Whole Milk and Cream, Full fat yogurt, Cream, Cheese, Curd, buttermilk, Condensed milk, butter|
Doctor tips in dengue Fever
- Don’t skip the meals especially breakfast.
- Increase your water intake capacity by 8-10 glasses a day.
- Take 6-8 soaked almonds a day.
- Always prefer whole fruit juices.
- Maintain proper cleanliness and hygiene.
- Take complete bed rest.
- Monitor your platelet count by regular blood tests.
- Don’t take Aspirin or any NSAID for the fever.
- Consult your doctor for symptoms like red spots, bleeding from any site, black stools, excessive drowsiness, breathlessness, paleness of skin, and frequent vomiting.
- Always take easily digestible food like boiled food, vegetables, banana, apple soups, porridge, and herbal tea.
- Take enough fluids like fresh juices, coconut water, Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) to prevent dehydration and restore your electrolyte level.
- Take food rich in Vitamin C as a natural remedy for dengue fever because it promotes antibodies for faster healing and recovery.
- Add foods in your diet that are rich in platelet and blood counts.
- Avoid spicy food, processed food, saturated fat foods, sugary and aerated drinks, and raw vegetables.
Find a Diet Consultation Online: Get personalized diet chart for dengue fever
At Life Aveda, we provide personalized diet consultation. In this, a doctor discusses the medical history of patients, does the root analysis on causes. After the deep analysis, the doctor suggests a diet chart for dengue as per their needs and requirement. To book a Consultation call on us at +91 7743002520 or click on the button to schedule an appointment with our expert doctors.
NOTE- These dietary guidelines may vary from patient to patient according to their medical parameters. These are generalized guidelines that might help in dengue.