Excess body weight is emerging as the leading cause of numerous health issues now-a-days. Unhealthy lifestyle habits and lack of self-care are the major factors contributing to the excess body weight. Being overweight can act like an invitation to cardiovascular, muscular and various body diseases. So, it’s necessary to maintain the body weight at normal levels. Along with the use of herbal remedies, some alterations in the daily routine diet are mandatory to lose weight in a paced manner. Life Aveda has put together an effective but very practical diet plan which is easy to follow and gives great results.
Diet for weight loss
Early-morning- Herbal tea/ Aloe Vera Juice/ lemon water/ Warm water
Breakfast- Veg Idli/ Yogurt/ Veg Dalia/ Khichdi/ Veg Poha/ Whole-grain roti with Vegetable/ Multigrain parantha with curd/ 2 egg-whites
Mid-morning- Sliced mango/ Sliced Papaya/ Sunflower seeds
Lunch- Whole grain roti with Vegetable or Tofu/ Chickpea curry with brown rice/ Brown rice/ Vegetable Sambar/
Evening- Green tea/ Herbal tea/ raw salad
Dinner- Lentil pancakes/ Tofu curry with mixed vegetables/ Palak paneer with brown rice and vegetables/ Veg Khichdi with Sprout salad
*Finish your dinner by 7.30 PM
Foods to Eat
Try to include the following food items in your diet in moderation to reduce body weight:
- Vegetables: Mushrooms, Cauliflower, Bitter melon, Onions, Okra, Mustard greens, Spinach, Tomatoes, Cabbage.
- Fruits: Bananas, Plums, Pears, Melon, Apples, Lychee, Tamarind, Oranges, Guava, Pomegranate, Papaya, Mango
- Nuts and Seeds: Watermelon seeds, Sesame seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Pistachios, Peanuts, Almonds and Cashews
- Legumes: Chickpeas, Pulses, Lentils, Kidney beans, Black-eyed peas, Moong beans
- Roots and tubers: Yams, Turnips, Sweet potatoes, Carrots and Potatoes
- Whole grains: Sorghum, Amaranth, Whole-grain bread, Corn, Barley, Quinoa, Buckwheat, Millet, Basmati rice, Brown rice
- Dairy: Ghee, Kefir, Milk, Yogurt, Cheese
- Herbs and spices: Fenugreek, Black pepper, Turmeric, Paprika, Coriander, Cumin, Cardamom, Ginger, Garlic, Basil
- Healthy fats: Coconut milk, Ghee, Sesame oil, Peanut oil, Olive oil, Mustard oil, Coconut oil, Avocado
- Drinks: Water, Sparkling water, Unsweetened tea
- Protein sources: Chicken, eggs, fish, nuts, Seeds, Dairy, Legumes and Tofu
Make sure to consume only fresh, whole foods flavored with herbs and spices.
Adding non-starchy vegetables like greens, tomatoes, and eggplants in your diet will help you in feeling satisfied after long hours of eating and you will not need to eat frequently.
Foods to Avoid
Along with the consumption of healthy foods, you need to avoid some food items which are unhealthy and can put a barrier in the weight loss process. The foods which should be avoided are:
- Sweetened beverages: Sweet lassi, Sweetened tea, Fruit juices, Soda, Sports drinks
- High-sugar foods: High-sugar cereals, Sweetened yogurt, Cakes, Pastries, Rice pudding, Cookies, Ice cream, Candy, Biscuits
- Sweeteners: Condensed milk, Honey, Sugar and Jaggery
- Sweetened Sauces: Salad dressings with added Sweetened curries, Barbecue sauce, Ketchup and Sugar
- High-fat foods: Fast foods like Burger, French fries, Chips, Namkeen, Fried foods and all bakery products
- Refined Grains: Biscuits, White pasta, White bread
- Trans fats: Highly processed foods, Fast food, Vanaspati, Margarine
- Refined oils: Corn oil, Soybean oil, Canola oil
- Don’t skip your breakfast. Skipping breakfast is not good for losing weight.
- Consume plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Be physically active and do any physical workout for at least 1 hour.
- Eat fibre rich foods
- Drink 10-12 glasses of water in a day
- Avoid packed and processed foods as much as you can.
Find a Diet Consultation Online: Get Personalized diet chart for weight loss
At Life Aveda, we provide personalized diet consultation. In this, a doctor discusses the medical history of patients, does the root analysis on causes. After the deep analysis doctor suggest a diet chart for weight loss as per their needs and requirement. To book a Consultation call on us at +91 7743002520 or click on the button to schedule an appointment with our expert doctors.
We Care For Your Health
- 100% PRIVACY PROTECTION
- VERIFIED DOCTORS
- QUICK RESPONSE
NOTE- These dietary guidelines may vary from patient to patient according to their medical parameters. These are generalized guidelines that might help in weight loss.