Gond Katira – The Perfect Summer Drink to Beat the Scorching Heat
With temperatures breaking all the records, it is even more crucial to protect oneself from the intense summer heat. Heat strokes, dehydration, sunburns, food poisoning, and indigestion can take a toll on your health and make summers even more difficult if proper care is not taken. Staying hydrated and maintaining the body temperature at all times is the key to remaining fit and getting through the summer season.
Now sail easily through this hot weather with this magical summer herb Gond Katira and say goodbye to all your summer concerns!
- Anti-aging and anti-inflammatory agent.
- A natural laxative that boosts gut health.
- Immunity and Recovery Booster.
- Supports Healthy Bones.
- Prevents dehydration and heat strokes.
- Rebuilds postpartum strength.
Ingredients that act as a natural coolant and provide the required nourishment and hydration to the body must necessarily be included in the summer diet. One such nourishing ingredient is Gond Katira also known as Tragacanth Gum, which is acquired from the sap of locoweed plants and possesses numerous health benefits.
What is Gond Katira?
Gond Katira is a crystalline herb that is naturally available in the form of twisted crystals and swells up when soaked in water. This odorless and tasteless herb changes its appearance when dissolved in milk or water and is an age-old Ayurvedic remedy that helps in treating a number of summer ailments such as nose bleeding, common cough and cold, dysentery, and an upset stomach.
This blog post will help you learn numerous health benefits of this natural coolant, along with the different ways in which it can be consumed. So read on to discover the means to summer nourishment and wholesomeness.
Health Benefits of Gond Katira
- ANTI-AGING AND ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AGENT: it can be used in face masks or face packs as it helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines. It is also effective in spot reduction, and wound healing and helps in treating acne and various other skin problems like pigmentation, breakouts, scars, and burns.
- A NATURAL LAXATIVE THAT BOOSTS GUT HEALTH: the active enzymes present in Gond Katira regularize bowel movements and aid in easy digestion, thus preventing and treating constipation.
- IMMUNITY AND RECOVERY BOOSTER: the ingredient is beneficial in treating common cold problems and helps in building up immunity and promoting recovery. It is effective in building resistance against foreign pathogen invasions.
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY BONES: the high calcium and magnesium content in this herb helps in rebuilding muscle and bone strength. It helps in treating weak bones and joints by lubricating them.
- PREVENTS DEHYDRATION AND HEAT STROKES: it helps in regulating body temperature and keeps the body cool and protected during summers, thus preventing heat strokes and nose bleeding.
- REBUILDS POSTPARTUM STRENGTH: Gond Katira is instrumental in helping new mothers face the challenges of motherhood by rebuilding strength and energy in the body. The herb is beneficial for both the mother as well as the baby. It is beneficial in regulating blood flow and is often added to Ladoos to promote lactation post-delivery.
This versatile ingredient can be included in the diet in numerous ways by adding it to different foods and drinks and boosting metabolism and weight loss. Check out the different ways you can consume the herb to stay hydrated and healthy this summer!
- GOND KATIRA DRINK
- soak about a teaspoon of the Gond crystals in a glass of water along with mint leaves and two lemon slices.
- Soak overnight.
- When the crystals swell by the morning, add chia seeds, lime juice, black salt, honey, and cold water to enjoy the healthy drink.
- GOND KATIRA BOWL
- Add about 1-2 teaspoons of the crystals along with 1/2 cup of almond milk or low-fat milk to a large bowl.
- Add fruits, nuts, and honey to the jelly-like pudding in the morning, mix well and enjoy this healthy breakfast bowl packed with nutrients.
- OTHER WAYS
- The herb can also be added to various other drinks like Chaas, Sattu, Sherbets, and lemonade.
- It can also be added to salad dressings, chutneys, and dips.
- It is also added to desserts, sweets, puddings, and Kheer.
Now that you’re introduced to this magical summer ingredient that doesn’t hamper your taste buds and contains a truckload of health benefits. Include these natural crystals in your diet and enjoy a bounty of health benefits that will help you sail through the summer season easily.
To get more such updates on health, lifestyle, fitness, and Ayurvedic remedies to cure various health concerns and infections, log on to our website avedaayur.com. You can also book your online appointments with our Ayurvedic healthcare providers to get guidance to manage your health and lifestyle, so book your appointments now!
Note: Our purpose is to serve useful information related to Gond Katira’s benefits, dosage, and other properties. It is advised to the patients not to consume this on the basis of this information. Before taking it as a medicine, it is better to have an expert opinion because dosage and treatment vary from patient to patient depending on their symptoms and medical history.
Doctor Consultation Online: Get Personalized Consultation
At Life Aveda, we provide personalized online doctor consultations. In this, a doctor discusses the medical history of patients and does the root analysis of causes. After the deep analysis doctor suggests the necessary medication to the patient. To book a Consultation call on us at +91 7743002520 or click on the button to schedule an appointment with our expert doctors.
We Care For Your Health
- 100% PRIVACY PROTECTION
- VERIFIED DOCTORS
- QUICK RESPONSE
More Articles To Read
- Health Benefits of Cardamom, Overview, Medicinal Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
- Health benefits of Chandan (Sandalwood), Overview, medicinal uses, dosage, and side effects
- Health Benefits of Manjistha, Medicinal Uses, Dosage, and Side effects
- धनिया का पानी पीने के फायदे, और बनाने की विधि!
- एसिडिटी होने के सामान्य कारण, लक्षण और इसको दूर करने के कुछ घरेलू उपाय!