Being underweight is like an invitation to many diseases. Malnutrition, weak immunity, low energy levels, weak bones, etc. are some complications associated with less than normal body weight. In this segment, we will let you know some foods that will help you in gaining weight in a healthy manner and enhancing your body appearance.
Diet for weight gain
Early morning- 1 cup milk + 3 cashews + 4 almonds + 2 walnuts
Breakfast- 3 eggs/ Brown bread sandwich/ Stuffed parantha with Curd / curd+ paneer stuffed besan cheela/ Veg Upma/ Veg Poha/ Veg Suji Cheela
Mid-morning- Banana shake/ Mango shake/ 2 ripe bananas/ Buttermilk/ Watermelon juice/ Coconut water
Lunch- Brown rice/ Chapatti with Vegetable or Dal + Curd + Salad
Evening- Veg Poha/ Pomegranate juice/ Butter toasted bread/ Aloo chaat/ Tomato soup/ Veg Upma/ Vegetable juice/ Almond milk/ Sprouts salad/Potato cheela/ Fruit salad
Dinner- Brown rice/ Chapatti with Vegetable or Dal + Salad
Foods to Consume:
- Whole Fat Milk: Replacing skimmed milk with whole milk will help you in gaining weight. Whole fat milk has approximately 60 calories more than skim milk per glass.
- Real Nut Butters: Peanut butter is a rich source of protein and fats which is a great choice for gaining body weight. One tbsp of peanut butter consists of approximately 100 calories as well as 4 grams of protein.
- Tropical fruit: Consumption of fruits like pineapple, bananas, papaya, and mango is really beneficial in weight gain. These fruits are full of natural sugars and can boost your energy levels.
- Cheese: Cheese is packed with a large amount of protein. You can consume cheese by adding it to vegetables, eating raw or to eggs.
- Nuts: Nuts are a great snack for increasing body weight. Nuts contain high quantities of fats and various other nutrients along with sufficient amounts of fiber content. To gain weight, make sure to eat a handful of nuts daily.
- Whole Wheat Bread: Eating healthy bread products is a great way to start gaining weight. Include whole-grain bread in your daily diet.
- Natural Granola: Natural granola with no added refined sugar is a great cereal to enjoy as well as to increase weight. This delicious snack is made up of rolled oats, healthy fats, and sugar. You can also add nuts and fruits to enhance the taste.
- Avocado: This delicious green fruit are an excellent way to add heart-healthy fats to your diet. One-half of an avocado contains 140 calories but also contains high levels of potassium, folic acid, and vitamin E.
- Drink milk twice daily in case you’re lactose intolerant you can consume a nut milk of your choice.
- Eat more often.
- Take proper sleep i.e. 7-8 hours daily.
- Add cream to your coffee.
- Eat your protein first and vegetables last.
- Quit smoking & excessive alcohol intake.
- Avoid drinking water before or in between meals.
Find a Diet Consultation Online: Get Personalized diet chart for weight gain
At Life Aveda, we provide personalized diet consultation. In this, a doctor discusses the medical history of patients, does the root analysis on causes. After the deep analysis doctor suggest a diet chart for weight gain as per their needs and requirement. To book a Consultation call on us at +91 7743002520 or click on the button to schedule an appointment with our expert doctors.
We Care For Your Health
- 100% PRIVACY PROTECTION
- VERIFIED DOCTORS
- QUICK RESPONSE
NOTE- These dietary guidelines may vary from patient to patient according to their medical parameters. These are generalized guidelines that might help in gaining weight.