Gout is a type of inflammatory arthritis that occurs when there is too much uric acid in the blood. Crystals of uric acid can be formed in this disease in the joints and results in pain, inflammation, irritation, tenderness and redness in the fingers and bigger toe. A low-purine and low-fat diet can help in maintaining healthy body weight and preventing gout.
In this segment, we’ll let you know about the foods which will help you in controlling the gout.
- Curry leaves water
- After 15 Min– Green tea/ Herbal tea
Veg Semolina (Veg upma)/ Broken Wheat Porridge (Veg Dalia)/ Veg Poha (Rice Flakes)/ Brown Bread Sandwich/ Stuffed Chapatti/ Chapatti with Veg or Dal + 1 Eggs White portion only.
Fruit/ Herbal tea/ Green Tea/ Salad/ Coconut water
Plain Chapatti/ Boiled Rice + Vegetable + Dal
Herbal tea/ Green tea/ Rice flakes
Soup (Home – made)
Plain chapatti/ Boiled Rice/ Veg pulao/ Veg Khichdi/ Vegetable + Dal
Foods to Consume
- CEREALS– Whole grains such as Wheat, Brown rice, Wheat bran, Wheat germ, Rice flakes, Puffed Rice, Buckwheat
- PULSES (ONE BOWL DAL EVERYDAY)- Split Moong Dal, Split Chick
- VEGETABLES– Carrot, Red and White cabbage, Pumpkin, Squash, Okra, Beet greens, Parsley, Potatoes, Cucumber, Red onion, Zucchini, Coriander leaves, Turnips, Mustard green, Eggplant, Celery, Sweet potatoes, and Ginger(Moderate Quantity), Tomato(moderate quantity)
- FRUITS– All fruits include Apple, Pear, Papaya, Pomegranate, Figs, Muskmelon, Watermelon, Fresh coconut, and Peaches, mango, strawberries, cranberries, grapes, peaches
- DAIRY PRODUCTS– Nil
- FLESH FOODS– Egg white, Lean meat, Skinless -chicken (75 – 100 gm)
- SPICES– Turmeric, Rosemary, Cloves, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Sesame, Cumin, Carom, Ginger, Coriander, Limited Rock salt, Black pepper, Long pepper
- FATS– Cow ghee, Mustard oil, Olive oil, Canola oil, Coconut oil
- NUTS AND DRY FRUITS– 5 to 7 Almonds, 1 Walnut, 5 to 6 Raisins, 2 Figs (Soak in water overnight), Flax seeds
- DRINKS– Homemade soup, Carrot juice, Wheatgrass juice, Bitter Gourd Juice, Aloe vera Juice, Amla juice
- OTHER FOODS– Homemade only, Jaggery
Foods to Avoid
- Whole refined flour, White rice
- All whole pulses and lentils, Chickpea, Kidney beans, Black lentils, Soybean, Sprouts, Dried and frozen pulses
- Broccoli, Peas, Asparagus, Lemons, Collard greens, Kale, Mushroom, Bell pepper, spinach, All green leafy vegetables, Beans, Taro Roots, Cauliflower, Dried and Frozen vegetables
- Plums, Prunes, Dates and dried fruits
- Milk and its products (whole milk and cream, Full-fat yogurt, Cheese, Condensed milk)
- Fish Fried, Seafood, Tuna, COdfish, Salmon, Scallops, Herring, Sardines, Shrimps, oyster, Mussels, Mackerel, Crabs, Prawns, Lobster, Lean beef, Pork, Lamb, Ham, Rabbit, Egg yolk, Turkey, Yeast, Sausages, Mutton, Salami, Bacon, Organ meats, and their extractives (soup, graves etc.)
- Red chilli powder, Salt (in excess)
- Unsaturated Fats, Cream, Palm oil, Butter
- Cashew nuts, Peanuts, Pistachio
- Alcohol, Carbonated beverages, Canned and Packaged soup, Canned fruit juices, Lemon water, Caffeinated drinks like Coffee and tea
- All Bakery Products or processed foods, Sauces, fruit Jellies, Jams, Mayonnaise, Ice-cream, Cream Soups, Coconut Bar, Chutneys, Pickles, Junk Food, Deep fried Foods, Spicy Foods, Too much Salty Food, Cocoa Powder.
Boil 4 – 5 leaves in 2 cups of water till it’s reduced to 1 cup.
Boil ½ tsp each of fennels, Coriander, Cumin in 3 Cups of water until it’s reduced to 1 cup.
Ginger Tulsi Tea
Boil 1 inch piece of ginger, 5-6 Basil leaves, and add a pinch of Black Pepper in 2 cups of Water till it’s reduced to 1 cup.
Roasted Flax Seed 1 tsp with normal water can be consumed, after meals.
- Walking for at least 30-45 min is recommended.
- Whole fruit should be preferred to fruit juices.
- Skipping meals should be avoided, especially breakfast.
- 6 Soaked Almonds + 2 Dates per day.
- Water Intake should be increased to at least 8-10 glasses regularly.
- Outdoor activities should be increased like jogging, cycling, and running.
Find a Diet Consultation Online: Get personalized diet chart for gout
At Life Aveda, we provide personalized diet consultation. In this, a doctor discusses the medical history of patients, does the root analysis on causes. After the deep analysis, the doctor suggests a diet chart for dengue as per their needs and requirement. To book a Consultation call on us at +91 7743002520 or click on the button to schedule an appointment with our expert doctors.
Note: A healthy and balanced diet can be effective to achieve the optimum uric acid level. It can also provide energy and nutrients that are sufficient to maintain optimal health and reduce the risk of gout.