Ayurvedic Treatment for Skin Diseases
Skin is the important organ of the human body that acts as a shield and protects the body from external harmful toxins. In terms of surface area and weight, the skin is the largest organ of the human body and is at high risk of developing certain skin diseases like acne, eczema, rosacea, shingles, warts, skin cancer, dermatitis, etc.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that every year more than 5 million new skin cancers in the United States are diagnosed and treated and more than 31 million people have eczema in the country.
Most skin diseases are related to aging, hormones, genetics, allergy, and exposure to the sun or chemicals. The American Academy of Dermatology Association says that 1 in 4 people in the United States has a skin disease. The treatment of skin-related diseases mostly includes medications, creams, ointments, or lifestyle modifications.
According to Ayurveda, an improper diet and unhealthy lifestyle are majorly responsible for several skin diseases. The Ayurvedic texts say that imbalance in tri dosha may cause certain skin diseases. Redness, burning pain, the formation of pus, ulceration, and can fever are Pitta-specific skin disorders.
The Vata-specific skin disorders cause dryness of skin with a rough appearance while white discoloration, itching, swelling, retention of fluids, etc are the skin disorders caused due to the imbalance in Kapha.
Functions of Skin
- The skin helps you to feel sensations
- Skin keeps out bacteria, viruses, and other causes of infection.
- Skin stabilizes your body temperature.
- Skin synthesizes vitamin D in response to sun exposure.
Symptoms of skin Dieases
The symptoms of skin disease may differ based on the condition that you have. However, some of the common symptoms include:
- Discolored skin patches.
- Dry skin.
- Open sores, lesions, or ulcers.
- Peeling skin.
- Rashes that may cause pain and itchiness.
- Red, white or pus-filled bumps.
- Scaly or rough skin.
Common Skin Diseases
- Acne: It causes blocked skin follicles that lead to oil, bacteria, and dead skin buildup in your pores.
- Alopecia areata: It results in hair loss in small patches.
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema): It causes dry, itchy skin and results in swelling, or cracking.
- Psoriasis means scaly skin that may swell or feel hot.
- Raynaud’s phenomenon: It causes a change in skin color or numbness due to reduced blood flow to fingers, toes, and other body parts.
- Rosacea: It usually causes flushed, thick skin and pimples, on the face.
- Skin cancer: It causes abnormal and uncontrolled growth of skin cells.
- Vitiligo: It results in patches of skin that lose pigment.
Some rare skin Diseases
- Actinic prurigo (AP): Under this condition, itchy rashes develop in response to sun exposure.
- Argyria: Under this condition, the skin color changes due to silver build-up in the body
- Chromhidrosis: It causes colored sweat.
- Epidermolysis bullosa: The condition causes fragile and blister skin that tears easily.
- Harlequin ichthyosis: Under this condition, thick, hard patches or plates are present on the skin at birth.
- Lamellar ichthyosis: Under this condition, the skin sheds a waxy layer in the first few weeks of life and reveals scaly, red skin.
- Necrobiosis lipoidica: The condition results in rashes on the lower legs that can develop into ulcers.
Causes of Skin Diseases
Skin disease can develop due to several lifestyle factors. However, your skin may also get affected by certain other health conditions. The common causes of skin disease include:
- If bacteria gets trapped in your pores or hair follicles.
- Health conditions that affect your kidneys, thyroid, or immune system.
- Contact with environmental triggers, such as allergens or another person’s skin. Exposure to allergens, close contact with another person`s skin, or other environmental factors.
- Fungus or parasites living on your skin.
- Certain medications.
Diagnosis for skin Problem
To diagnose your skin disease, your healthcare provider or dermatologist will examine your skin and may recommend the following tests:
- Skin Culture test
- Skin patch test.
- Wood`s lamp examination to view your skin’s pigment more clearly.
- Tzanck test.
Treatment For Skin Problem
Your healthcare provider or dermatologist may prescribe the following for your skin condition
- Laser skin resurfacing.
- Medicated creams, ointments, or gels.
- Oral medications (taken by mouth).
- Steroid pills, creams, or injections.
- Surgical procedures.
To deal with certain skin diseases, Ayurvedic treatment or home remedies are worth considering. The Ayurvedic treatment for various skin disorders focuses on the balance of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha doshas. In Ayurveda, there are several natural herbs like Manjistha, Tulsi, etc are helpful to deal with certain skin disorders and reduce their symptoms. Moreover, a well-balanced diet plan, lifestyle modifications, and reducing stress also help to cure various skin disorders naturally.
Below are some of Life Aveda`s premium products duly extracted from natural herbs that are quite helpful to deal with skin disorders and their symptoms:
Gandhak Rasayana Vati is a potent herb-mineral formulation that has a mineral base of purified or detoxified sulfur. These tablets will maintain a balance between Tridosha (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha). Gandhak Rasayana has antibacterial effects to treat various skin disorders such as allergies, psoriasis, scabies, eczema, itching, etc. Gandhak Rasayana is packed with strong antiviral and antimicrobial properties also which allows its broad-spectrum effect and lets it treat a plethora of health-rela
Skin Vitals capsules are prepared with a blend of seven powerful Ayurvedic and western herbs which aids in rejuvenating and restoring skin health. All the herbs of these capsules have proven properties of improving the skin and cleansing the blood from toxins and impurities. Skin Vitals capsules will help you to treat numerous skin problems such as infections, skin irritation, and allergies.
Knowing about skin disorders, symptoms and treatment are quite mandatory for your skin health. You can manage several disorders at home but some skin disorders may become chronic and for which you should consult a dermatologist as early as possible. To get more insights about various skin diseases, their different types, home remedies, and diet plan for skin diseases, reach out to our Ayurvedic expert on Whatsapp at +91 7743002520 for free.