The festival of Colors brings smiles to the faces and everyone loves to celebrate it with colors, water balloons and sweets. But this festival falls at a time when there has been a huge surge in coronavirus cases so there is a need to be mindful and in tune with the same strategy that this time it should be safe and disease-free. At this time there should be a particular emphasis on the immunity or immune system. Our main aim should be a safe and disease-free Holi.
Holi has become India’s most joyous and vivid festival with the throwing of water balloons and color powder. Foreigners and other international travel groups from various countries selling tours to our country for celebrating and clicking the photos of boisterous Holi celebrations.
Holy has been celebrated in India since the 4th century with the poems documenting celebrations. This festival is the mark of the beginning of spring after a long winter and is a symbol of the Trump of good over evil. It is celebrated in March every year corresponding to the Hindu calendar month of Phalguna. This is celebrated across India by wishing to the family and friends through applying colors. But during this time the chances of Covid can be increased by such actions. So it is advised to celebrate this festival at home and take proper precautions to minimize the chances of contact with coronavirus. Preventing yourself from the virus and simultaneously increasing your immunity becomes of utmost importance.
During this time there is a change in season and we gradually move from mild winters to summers. It is the time when we have to take care of our immunity because during this our body tries to adjust with to the changing in weather. It becomes highly essential for all of us to take care of our immunity while covid cases are being on a surge.
In this article, we are going to share our views on taking care of the immunity while celebrating a safe Holi.
Here are some of the ingredients that you can find at your home for boosting your immunity
- Natural probiotic foods like buttermilk, good, dhokla, etc. are also very useful. This will flourish a network of gut bacteria in the body that can help the immune cells to differentiate between healthy, normal cells as well as harmful cells.
- Cashews, nuts, egg yolks, liver contains zinc that will help to combat the virus in the human body.
- Various spices like turmeric, ginger, chili peppers, and garlic can be easily added to steamed veggies or soups because these are rich in antioxidants which will help to build High resistance and immunity levels in the body.
- Foods like leafy greens, legumes, Walgreens, nuts, seeds are rich in magnesium which will help to relax the mind and also act as a building block for the immune system. These are the natural antioxidants that will help to decrease inflammation by eliminating the free radicals which cause inflammation in the body.
- Various citrus fruits like orange, lemon, etc are rich in vitamin c that will help to provide immunity to the body. This will help to build up the immune system by increasing the production of white blood cells in the body which fight against infections.
- Stay hydrated because dehydration can cause a headache that will hamper your mood and digestion. Drinking water will help your immune cells to fight against infection naturally.
Some other points that are very useful and should be properly noted-
- Maintaining proper social distancing and large gatherings should be avoided.
- Hugging and handshakes should be avoided and use a mask while playing Holi.
- Dry colors can cause several respiratory issues so ensure that their usage should be strictly avoided.
- Use of hand sanitizer should be there but if possible then wash your hands with hand wash properly.
- Consumption of cold beverages and cold food should be avoided.
- Protect your eyes from harmful colors so wearing sunglasses should be a must.
Some precautionary tips you should keep in mind before playing Holi-
- Use organic colors
- Properly oiling your hairs
- Apply sunscreen on the face and oil on the body
As the market is flooded with various harmful and toxic colors that can harm your skin, hair and eyes. If you are now dropping the idea of playing Holi then there are many ways or alternatives that you can play Holi without getting any harm to the skin. Aveda Ayur is providing you best combination of effective herbal remedies such as a skincare combo pack that will help you to keep your skin healthy during this Holi. This combo pack consists of three herbal supplements- Manjistha capsules, Neem capsules, and skin vitals capsules. All these formulations are prepared by keeping the view of classical texts with the guidance of MD Ayurveda experts. The artificial colors of Holi cause a detrimental effect on the skin and skin becomes dull and dry. It may also cause eczema and dermatitis. The herbs present in these supplements will protect the skin from infection and remove spots from the face. Premium skin vitals is a blend of various herbs like Haridra, Manjistha, neem, red sandalwood, etc. Neem is considered the best antiseptic and antioxidant which will help to kill bacteria and deeply cleanse the skin. The methanolic extract present in manjistha works as a natural whitening agent that improves complexion and also removes pimples and acne from the skin.
- Helps to treat eczema, psoriasis, and removes blemishes, wrinkles, pimples, etc.
- Works as a natural anti-aging
- Possess antifungal and antibacterial activity
- Treats various skin allergies
All these products are 100% natural, pure, clean, and vegetarian, free from preservatives, additives, and chemicals and have no side effects. Regular use of the supplements will keep the skin moisturized and clears off the harmful lesions present on the skin.