Ayurvedic Treatment for Prostate Disease
The prostate is a walnut-sized gland that lies between the rectum and the pubic bone. Only men have a prostate. It surrounds the urethra at the urinary bladder opening and plays a role in processing seminal fluid. The prostate size usually increases as a process of aging however if there is a rapid growth in the prostate then it may require medical intervention.
Prostate cancer is common among males and can be treated at the initial stages. Cancer begins in the prostate gland that lies between the penis and the bladder. A non-cancerous growth in the prostate that takes place in men is known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
About 20% of men at the age of 40 years, 70% at 60 years, and 90% by the age of 80 years are affected by an enlarged prostate. In the United States, prostate cancer is the most common cancer among males. According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), around 174, 4650 new cases of prostate cancer and 31,620 prostate deaths were reported in the United States in 2019. Of every 9 males, 1 will diagnose with prostate cancer at any stage of life while of every 41 prostate patients, 1 will die due to prostate cancer.
According to Ayurveda, an improper lifestyle can cause a prostate problem. Some of the factors that lead to cause prostate disease or prostate cancer are:
- Not drinking enough water.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Improper fasting.
- Too much use of coffee and alcohol.
- Excessive sex.
- Excessive use of bitter and pungent food.
The prostate has various functions, including:
- Produces the fluid that nourishes and transports sperm.
- Secretes prostate-specific antigen (PSA), a protein that helps semen retain its liquid state.
- Helps to aid urine control.
Some of the common causes of Vata imbalance in the prostate are:
- Controlling the urge of urination
- Controlling the urge of defecation
- Over-indulgence in sex
- Consuming dry, cold, and not enough food
- Old age
- General weakness
- Physical and mental overexertion.
Symptoms of Benign Prostate Hypertrophy
- Hesitancy or delay in starting to urinate
- A poor or intermittent stream of urination
- Straining to empty the bladder
- Terminal dribbling (The flow of urine continues after the mainstream has finished, sometimes in spurts or dribbles. Occasionally a second large volume of urine is passed.)
- Post-urination dribbles
- A sensation of incomplete bladder emptying.
Bladder Irritability symptoms
- Painful urination
- High frequency of urination – day and/or night
- Urgency to urinate
- Involuntary urination at night (nocturnal enuresis)
Who’s at risk?
Prostate cancer can affect any man as certain factors increase the risk of prostate cancer and of which few are listed below:
- Older age
- A family history of prostate cancer
- Certain ethnicities or races — for instance, African American males are at greater risk of having prostate cancer
- Genetic changes
To diagnose prostate cancer, your doctor will check your previous medical issues and your family medical history as well. The doctor will conduct a physical exam to check the size and severity of the prostate. Moreover, a few blood tests and urine tests will be also performed to examine the prostate-antigen specific (PSA) level as for men it can be high with the enlarged prostate gland and prostate cancer.
Prostate Treatment in Ayurveda
Ayurveda offers a holistic approach to dealing with an enlarged prostate. It primarily focuses on balancing the increased Vata dosha, improving the urinary system, and reducing the symptoms of enlargement. The treatment also helps to shrink the enlarged prostate and improves the life of a prostate patient. There are certain herbal formulations in Ayurveda that are effective to control the enlarged prostate. The formulations can be used at any stage without the risk of any adverse side effects. Moreover, a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables and healthy lifestyle changes also help in prostate problems and their symptoms.
- Always take a healthy diet containing a good amount of fruits and vegetables.
- Always prefer healthy foods over health supplements
- Always perform regular exercises throughout the week.
- Always maintain a healthy weight.
- Consult your doctor about the increased risk of prostate cancer.
Herbal Remedies for Prostate Diseases
Below are some of Life Aveda`s premium products duly extracted from natural herbs that are quite helpful to deal with Prostate disorder and its symptoms:
- Premium Healthy Prostate : Healthy Prostate is a unique composition of herbs that can help to keep the prostate healthy and promotes normal male urogenital functions. It eases the symptoms of an enlarged prostate by maintaining healthy PSA levels.
- Enlarged Prostate Relief Pack : Enlarged Prostate Relief Pack is formulated to work on an enlarged prostate gland and regulate it to its normal size in a holistic approach. An enlarged prostate can affect how you pee and may lead to erectile dysfunction. So, it is mandatory to get it treated as early as possible. All the herbal remedies of the Enlarged Prostate Relief Pack will treat the abnormalities related to prostate health and protect it from a wide range of disorders. This pack is pure herbal formula and independent of any artificial ingredients such as preservatives, colors, binders, toxins, heavy metals, etc.
- Premium Saw Palmetto : Premium Saw Palmetto capsules support healthy Prostrate-Specific Antigen (PSA) levels which replenish male energy. This supplement uplifts prostate health balances the hormonal levels and prevents hair loss in males. Also, these capsules reduce inflammation and promote the healthy functioning of urinary tract organs.
- Premium Gokhshura : Premium Gokshura capsules gives relief in benign prostatic hyperplasia (bph) or enlarged prostate gland due to its mutral (diuretic) and sita (cold) properties. This helps to increase urine secretion and reduce the swelling and burning sensation during urination.