The changed lifestyle and irregular and wrong eating patterns can cause various complications in normal body functioning. Lack of exercise and nutrition in the body can give way to a lot many health complications, pains, and disorders in the long run. Knee pain is one such common challenge faced by people of all age groups which may be due to lack of nutrition in the diet, poor lifestyle habits, injuries, or various different causes. So, in this publication, we will know about how one can treat knee pain through Ayurveda.
What is Knee Pain and Why Does It Happen?
Knee pain is a common problem that can occur in any of the bones present in the knee joint due to aging, or the regular wear and tear of the joint. A number of other factors mentioned above like lack of nutrients and movement, insufficient exercise, or strenuous physical activity may also accelerate the pain but apart from these, various medical conditions may also cause knee pain issues. These conditions and common causes of knee pain include:
- Knee or leg injuries
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – swollen knee and damaged cartilage.
- Osteoarthritis – where the knee cartilage wears down with time and age.
- Injuries of the ligament
- Cartilage disorder or injury
- Misalignment of the knee
- Broken kneecap
- Injuries to the tendon
What are the Symptoms of Knee Pain?
The cause of the knee pain usually determines the affected location of the knee and its severity. Symptoms may range from mild to extreme depending upon the knee condition. Common signs and symptoms are:
- Warm to touch
- Redness around the knee
- Lack of strength to straighten the knee
- Popping sounds from the knee
- Knee twitching
Treatment for Knee Pain
Knee pain can be extremely discomforting and may interfere with your regular activities like walking, traveling, working, etc. It can affect your walk and take a toll on your confidence. The condition can also become chronic if neglected. It is very crucial to address knee concerns in the initial stages as wear and tear with time will only add to the complications.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Knee Pain
For joint and knee pains it is best recommended to go for Ayurvedic treatment procedures as they are safe and free from any side effects.
Ayurvedic treatment measures help in fighting knee pain issues and provide strength to the knee and bones by the means of natural remedies, herbal ingredients, and yoga.
Let us take a look at these Ayurvedic treatment procedures individually to avail the maximum benefit for treating knee pain.
Natural Remedies for Knee Pain
- Munching on fenugreek seeds or leaves can be extremely effective for treating knee pain. Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight, warm up the solution in the morning and drink on empty stomach. Its warm potency can show magical results in healing knee pain.
- Always make sure you sit and drink fluids. Drinking fluids while standing exerts strain on the knees due to the high fluid and air pressure and can affect joint health and cause arthritis in the long run.
- Massaging the knee daily with warm oil can lubricate the joints, help in relieving inflammation, relax muscles, and improve blood circulation.
- Follow a rich, healthy, and Vata pacifying diet that includes fresh and seasonal produce, ghee, calcium-rich foods, spinach, and root vegetables.
- Turmeric, garlic, and ginger contain strong anti-inflammatory properties that help in healing muscle and knee inflammation. It also effectively helps in treating arthritis problems because of its anti-arthritis properties.
- Avoid drinking cold food and drinks and stale and packaged food.
Herbal Ingredients for Knee Pain
Various culinary and medicinal herbs can significantly contribute to treating knee pain and inflammation. These include:
- Green tea
- Aloe Vera
Read – Home Remedies for Knee Pain
Yoga Asanas for Knee Pain
Yoga can provide strength to the muscles, joints, and bones of the knee and support knee health. Different yoga poses that can help in achieving healthy knees include:
- Supported Half Moon Pose or Ardha Chandrasana
- Triangle Pose or Trikonasana
- Mountain Pose or Tadasana
- Chair Pose or Utkatasana
- Supported Bridge Pose or Setu Bandhasana
- Wide-angle seated forward bend or Upavistha Konasana
- Child Pose or Balasana
- Easy pose or Sukhasana
Taking care of your health and body requires regular exercise, a nutritious diet, and a healthy lifestyle. If we take care of these three parameters in our life, we can lead a happy and healthy life. For knee pain and inflammation, natural remedies, herbal ingredients, and yoga asanas can show magical results in their treatment. To know more about Ayurvedic formulations for knee pain prepared using herbal and natural ingredients, you can contact us, where our Ayurvedic MD Doctors provide herbal and ayurvedic solutions, dietary tips, and supplements to help you overcome knee problems and various other diseases that ail the body. Book your appointments now!