Ayurveda is the science that deals with maintenance of Health and cure for disease. It stands on the framework of Tri-doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha), Sapt Dhatus along with Tri malas. Ayurveda examines the menstrual period as a window to the female body.
Artava is popularly regarded as the most Upadhatu of their very first of all dhatu i.e. the Rasa dhatu. Rajapravriti is a normal physiological process in women same as sleeping, bowel activity etc. As the nature and pattern of all the physiological and psychological processes are determined by the inherent constitution of doshas i.e the Prakriti, the layout and temperament of Rajapravriti must additionally demonstrate some relation into the Prakriti of the individual. So by understanding the natural menstrual pattern in women, the menstrual health can be taken care by prescribing according to diet and regime.
Aims and Objectives
An attempt has been made to examine the different features of Raja Pravritti in accordance with this Prakruthi or Doshic constitution of girls.
Artava and Prakruthi:
Artava is defined as the periodical expulsion of blood throughout the vagina of a grownup female.
- This is really one of the main physiological processes which empowers the formation of Garbha. Therefore the regular and uninterrupted occurrence of Artava is crucial for a strong progeny. Artava is popularly considered as the most Upadhatu of Rasa.
- It’s produced cyclically and gets directed by Vata and is expelled through the vagina.
- As modern science considered, menstruation may be the process where there’s flow of blood from the uterus through the vagina occurring chiefly in females, determined by a complex interaction of hormones.
- Prakruti is the innate constitution of an individual based on the predominance of dosha determined at time of conception which cannot be altered till the death.
- Qualities of dosha are expressed on the human body because of its predominance plus it’s named Deha Prakruti. It’s the enumeration or concern of human anatomy features internal as well as external.Based upon the Dosha which is predominant from the Sukra and Shonita at the time of coitus, the meals and actions of these pregnant women, uterus Prakruti is determined
- Human anatomy is made up of Doshas and all physiological acts are dependent on Doshas.
Prakruti of each and every person is set from the period of ingestion. So each person is specific in his/her own constitution of Prakruti. If every bodily function is determined by Doshas, subsequently there will be a connection between the characteristics of all physiological functions together with individual Prakruti and thus with menstruation also.
Ayurvedic knowledge of the cycle of Doshas throughout the whole life span is essential particularly in the case of menstrual health in women.
During the previous phases of life i.e. from the entire life in vitro through young adulthood it could be the Kapha Dosha which predominates. Pitta increases dramatically during adolescence and tends to control the human body procedures until premature menopause.
In later stages, the Vata Dosha mainly dominates throughout the sixties and seventies. Hence that the duration of time where Pitta is more dominant is more prone to acquire illnesses like hypertension, non-invasive heart disease, hyperthyroidism, etc.
It’s also a high risk of time for all female disorders. Current production females have been confronting many issues associated with their childbirth like painful menstruation, irregular cycles, and irregularity in bleeding patterns in their teenage era with no specific pathology in their reproductive system.
As long as the Doshas operate within their normal state And therefore aren’t affected or overshadowed by another Dosha, the menstrual period happens optimally. In a specific Prakruti person there’ll soon be predominance of that particular Dosha that might hinder the optimum or normal functions of the other Doshas.
So according to this Prakarti there are variations in the characteristics of Rajapravartini.
- As an example, pain is a characteristic where Vata is responsible, therefore in Vata Prakruti individuals there’s an increased chance of painful menstruation.
- Pitta Prakruti individuals may possibly get exposed more to mood variations.
- Kapha Prakruthi individuals may have more clots inside their menstrual blood etc.
During the time of menopause also, different symptoms can be found in women using various intensities, which may be caused by the variations in physical constitution. Mostly pre-menopausal symptoms are caused by increased Pitta that will get exhibited as hot flushes, rashes over skin, intolerance to heat, etc.
Vatika menstrual health
- Since Vata is higher so it dominates the Uterus, its Sheeta and Khara properties cause the arteries to constrict.
- Ruksha guna increases the bodily tissues and ultimately triggers early cessation of menstrual flow.
- Due to decline in plasma and blood cells, diminished nourishment into the endometrial lining of the uterus that the total flow and menstrual discharge will be low.
Wherever there is congestion to the free flow of Vata, there’ll be no pain. So the majority of the Vata dominating cycles will probably be debilitating.
Pittaj menstrual health:
- Pitta is sharp and hot. So it attracts more fluidity to the blood so it flows easily.
- Pitta resides in blood and in excess which can cause heavy bleeding.
As it causes a tendency for swelling, it contributes to sore, swollen breasts, and acne etc. that women experience in their twenties span.
Kapha menstrual health:
Kapha is dull, thick and sticky. Stronger the shay of Kapha Dosha, a lot more likely to find a prominent increase of the adrenal gland.
As more blood vessels grow to furnish this expansion, the Kapha cycle is significantly more prone to undergo a quicker flow than the Vata cycle.
General Menstrual Care:
Menstrual cycle is a powerful month-to-month cleansing. Therefore it’s essential to support the process of cleanup. All cleansing actions are giving importance to rejuvenation, rest and kindling of Agni.
Strategies for healthy Menstrual Periods:
- Consume simple, freshly prepared and warm foodstuffs. Try adding spices such as Ginger, Cardamom, Cumin, Coriander and Cinnamon in the diet.
- Cleansing involves the expulsion of wastes from your system. Hence the direction of flow shouldn’t be interrupted by any upward movements like excessive talking, thinking, sexual intercourse as well as Pranayama and Yoga.
These activities need energy and our system needs to work with all of its reserve energy towards cleansing.
- Suppression of urges for example urination, defecation, etc ought to really be avoided. All these may cause the upward stream of Vata that will disturb the free flow of cleanup actions.
- Meditation will bring reassurance which again assists the action of Vata.
- Hydrate yourself with warm teas like ginger tea, lemon tea, honey, cumin, coriander and fennel teas.
- Cleansing is equally important even without menstruation. The top way to keep up Doshas in equilibrium would be to do yearly cleansing. Seasonal cleansing is exceptionally efficacious means to rejuvenate and balance all of physiological cells in order they work optimally.
- Practice Pranayama for balancing the mind and body as it will help to equalize the left and right sides of their mind and meditation as per constitution could keep your system strong and lively.
Herbs for Healthy Menstrual
Herbs May Be Used in Accordance to this Doshas involved.
- In a Vatik cycle mainly Dasamoola can perform its job of pacifying Vata dosha.
- Ginger is just another drug which helps in a Vatik flow with disquiet.
- Herbs may definitely aid in Pitta stream chiefly.
- Ashoka tones the uterus and so eases a heavy flow.
- Shatavari, Amla, Giloy, Kumari, Brahmi and so on are all useful Drugs in a Paitrik flow as they are very famous for their Pitta pacifying activity.
- Spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, black-pepper, etc. are of use in case of a Kaphaj cycle due to their Agni stimulating activity.
Life aveda cares for their patients so they bring this female vitality for women menstrual issues. This consists of natural powerful extract based herbs for healthy menstruation and any kind of anomalies related to that.
- Castor oil package because of its warm and penetrating caliber can break up the stagnation latent in the pelvis.
- Paying a watch out for the characteristics of menstruation will bring in to light the Dosha which can be overriding in that bicycle.
- That might also be determined by the Prakruti of the individual. Application of concepts related to Doshas and practical use of drugs mentioned for particular Doshas helps cure the discomforts or ailments throughout menstruation.
Being the natural cleansing process of the body, Menstruation requires assistance from the person. The unobstructed flow of menstrual blood will likely be possible simply with the best assistance of the Tridoshas.
Any disturbance in the balance of Doshas will create problems in the menstrual period. At a Distinct Prakruthi, there was a physiological increase in the degree of this specific dosha, which may present its influence on the qualities of menstruation. Such effects because of this Prakruti of the individual can cause some ailments which can be viewed as bodily.
Thus, knowing the doshic play and adequate use of medication, control of diet and regimen will become necessary to renew the optimal activity of the menstrual cycle that’s extremely imperative to keep up the health of a woman.
Consult a Doctor
If you think you are also suffering from any kind of menstrual issue or observe any of the above given symptoms, you need to consult a doctor immediately. You can book free online consultation with a highly experienced Ayurvedic doctor by visiting www.avedaayur.com.