Intense vaginal white discharge with symptoms like pain, itching, and burning sensation followed by body ache and tiredness is considered as Shweta Pradara in Ayurveda and leucorrhoea in modern clinical terms.
Causes Reasons for excess white discharge – Pradara (Leucorrhoea)
- Ajerna – undigested food
- Atikarshan– emaciating ailments
- Diva nidra – day sleep/sedentary lifestyle
- Adhyashan – repeated food intake causing indigestion
- Madyapana – alcohol consumption
- Bharavahana – lifting weights
- Viruddhahara- incompatible food
- Garbhapata – repeated abortion
- Yana – riding vehicles
- Adhwa – extended walk
- Shoka- grief, stress
- Abhighata – injury or harm
- Ashuchi – Unhygienic activities, infection
Origin of the Disease:-
Because of the aforementioned reasons ,the doshas are vitiated and lodged in the sites of Apana Vayu, namely Sharoni (hip), Bastii (bladder), Uru (thigh), Uterus (garbhashay), Vagina(yoni) etc..
Due to imbalanced doshas, the body can’t withhold vital strength and hence it is lost through vaginal in the form of discharge.
- Sannipataj – Due to imbalance of all the three Doshas together. Some others include Rakta Pradara (heavy periods – menorrhagia) additionally under Pradararoga.
Features of each variety of Pradara
VatajPradara – The discharge will be pink, dry, frothy, little by little and associated with pain. The discharge looks similar to the flesh washed water.
PittajaPradara – The discharge will probably be of yellowish, blue, black or reddish coloured and warmth/burning sensation areco-related. Profuse secretion is observed in this type of leucorrhoea.
KaphajaPradara– The discharge will be pale, slimy, and looks wheat washed water.
SannipaticPradara– Mixed features or each of the three types are discovered here. The discharge looks similar to the mixture of honey and ghee, yellow in colour or appears like the marrow and awful odoured.
- Yellowish/ whitish discharge through vagina
- Pain in thigh or lower back
Ayurvedic Treatment of White Discharge
Brahmana – nourishing treatment – to improve potency, nutrition and immunity(resistance against disease)
Stambhan– blocking treatment (to stop the excess flow) are adopted
Single drugs useful in Pradara:
- Lodhra- SymplocosracemosaRoxb.
- Patha- Cissampelospareira Linn.
- Daruharidra- Berberis Aristata Dc.
- Lajjalu- Mimosa pudica Linn.
- Nagakesara- Mesua Ferrea Linn.
- Musta- Cyperus Rotundus Linn.
- Yashtimadhu- Glycyrrhiza Glabra Linn.
- Ashoka(saraca asoca)
- Babool (vachellianilotica)
Treatment of leucorrhoea is possible with the herbs present in nature. The reason behind the leucorrhoea is vitiation of kapha dosha due to ingestion of kapha causing food and opting the kapha increasing lifestyle.
The utilization of some specific herbs helps manage leucorrhoea without confronting any side effects.
One such Ayurvedic treatment is Life Aveda Premium Intimate Health,Female Vitality and Shatavari. Premium Intimate health has potent herbs like lodhra, ashoka, babool, lajjalu etc which improve all symptoms of leucorrhoea in a safe and natural way. These herbs are proved to be very beneficial in problems like leucorrhoea (white discharge).
Ayurvedic Home remedies for white discharge
- The inflorescence of Banana is taken (raw) and smashed well, 12- 15 ml of this juice is mixed with honey, sugar candy and is consumed. This is followed for 14- 15 days. Early morning if consumed in an empty stomach, quick benefits can be seen.
- One cup of rice washed (red rice) water is taken and 8- 10 g each of jaggery and cumin seeds are added to this and cooked for 7- 10 minutes. This is taken during the afternoon period. This helps to ease the debility caused due to Pradara.
- 4-6 seed marrow (pulp of the seed) of amalaki (amla) fruits are accumulated and smashed well. This can be inserted to buttermilk and taken twice a day for 15-20 days.
- Red spinach (Tanduleeyaka)
- Date fruit (khajoor)
- Milk (ksheera)
- Ashgourd (Kooshmanda)
- Amla (Gooseberry)
- Red rice (Shastika Shali)
- Cows ghee (Goghritha)
- Green gram (Mudga)
- Rest (Vishrama) etc.
Unwholesome diets and habits
- Night awakening (Jagarana)
- Work and exhaustion (Shrama)
- Excess sexual indulgence (Vyavaya)
- Riding the vehicles and horses etc (Ashwayana)
- Alcohol intake (Madyapana)
- Spicy food (Vidahiahara)
- Dry and junk food (Rookshaahara)
Pradara or unusual discharge per vagina is a common health problem suffered by most of the females. It will be wise to take proper treatment of these conditions before they are being infected where they need multiple drugs along with a course of antibiotics.
Ayurveda system of medicine prescribed safe, natural and effective remedies in the treatment of such type of disease.