Thinking of starting up your own Ayurvedic medicine Manufacturing Unit? This article will help you understand all that goes behind setting up an Ayurvedic Medicine Manufacturing Unit successfully. From machinery and equipment to legal documents, everything that is required for an Ayurvedic Medicine Manufacturing unit to function efficiently and profitably will be taken into account here. So let’s get started to help you manufacture Ayurvedic Medicines and spread the goodness of Ayurveda to heal people around the world.
Requirements to Start an Ayurvedic Medicine Manufacturing Unit
1) Business Plan for A Manufacturing Unit:
Having a concrete business plan to begin your manufacturing journey in the Ayurvedic Industry involves your vision and mission behind starting with this business. It will help you to set and achieve your business goals in the long run.
2) Area Requirement to Start Your Ayurvedic Medicine Manufacturing Unit:
The minimum area requirement under the drug and cosmetic act is 1200 square feet. If you want to manufacture Unani medicines, then an additional requirement of 400 square feet will be added. Separate section requirement for each kind of product is also distinctive. For Example, a minimum partition of 100 square feet is required for the capsule and tablet section and 150 square feet for the liquid section.
3) Machinery and Equipment Requirements:
The list of equipment and machinery required for the Ayurvedic Medicine and herbal manufacturing Unit includes:
Tablet and Capsule Section: –
- Air conditioner
- Air compressor
- Blister Packing Machine
- Capsule filling machine
- Capsule Loader
- Tablet Punching Machine
- Multi mill
- Double Cone Blender
Liquid & Oil Section
- High-speed tank mixer
- Stainless steel tank mixer with cover lid and wheel
- Liquid filling double head machine
- P.P cap sealing machine
- Liquid filtration cap
- Batch printing machine
- RO plant
- Lab equipment
4) Requirements for Manufacturing License:
List of documentation and procedure for Ayurvedic Manufacturing Unit:
- Application on form 24-D.
- Prescription fee.
- Conditions of Rule 157 to be fulfilled are issued under the form 25-D which will be valid from the date of issue to the next ___ years.
- Schedule ‘T’ requirements to be fulfilled for the inspection that will be conducted by the Departmental Inspection Team and report to be submitted to prescribed Performa.
- Documents regarding competent technical staff consisting of at least one person who possesses the required qualifications.
- Site plan of the premises.
- An attested copy of NOC.
- Power Availability Certificate by Electricity Department.
- Project report
- Ownership proof or rent agreement.
5) Staff Qualification Requirement:
Manufacturing of Ayurvedic and Unani medicines requires the supervision and direction of a competent technical staff that consists of at least one person, must be a full-time employee, and must possess at least one of these few requirements:
- A degree or diploma holder of Ayurveda or Ayurvedic Pharmacy, from a university or Institute that is recognized by the Central Government.
- or, a graduate degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Chemistry or Botany recognized by the Central Government with an experience of at least two years of drug manufacturing in Ayurveda.
- Or, a valid Hakim or Vaid registered with the State register of Practitioners of indigenous systems of medicine with at least four years of experience in Unani or Siddha drugs manufacturing.
- Qualification as a pharmacist in Ayurveda with a minimum experience of eight years in Ayurvedic drug manufacturing which is to be recognized by the Central Government.
- For the Laboratory Competent Person, a minimum qualification of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Chemistry, or Botany degree recognized by the Central Government is required.
We hope this article helped you encounter all the details and documents required for setting up an Ayurvedic Medicine Manufacturing Unit. For any more details, you can get in touch with Aveda Ayur at avedaayur.com, which is an established Ayurvedic medicine and Herbal products manufacturing company and holds expertise in the same.
Aveda Ayur also offers third-party Ayurvedic medicine manufacturing options, so if you’re looking for an Ayurvedic products Manufacturer, Aveda Ayur is your destination where you can not only purchase the products but also sell them under your own brand name.