Say no to unhealthy eating habits and switch to a healthier and happier life with these substitutes Healthy Recipes :
- French fries with baked veggies.
- Proprietary sauces and dips with healthy and fresh homemade dips.
- White and milk chocolate with organic dark chocolate.
- Cakes and puddings with banana bread.
- Potato chips with roasted foxnuts.
Who doesn’t like to indulge in some mindless binge eating and forget about all those fitness goals for a while? But imagine if you could get to enjoy all those binge eating moments while watching your favorite movie without having to worry about burning any extra calories or self-loathing moments later? Yes! It’s absolutely possible to save yourself from all that guilt or extra effort to burn out those calories if you’re willing to make a few healthy switches and choices in your eating habits.
This article here will introduce you to a world of happy substitutes that will naturally make you forget about all those calorie and fat ingesting snacks. These recipes are not only healthy but also binge-worthy and much delectable!
Let us quickly dive into the process of creating a healthy lifestyle by making the following changes:
SWITCH TO THESE HEALTHY RECIPES CRISPY VEGGIES INSTEAD OF THE FRIED FRENCH FRIES:
if you fancy crispy snacks and are wondering how to curb this craving the healthy way, we got you covered here. Crispy baked veggies can serve as a delicious, healthy, and quick snack option to take care of your snacking cravings.
The best part about this recipe is that it is high in nutrition, doesn’t require any fancy ingredients, and is extremely easy to make.
|BroccoliCarrotsCauliflowerZucchiniPotatoesGarlicBread crumbsSaltPepper||To begin with slice and cut the vegetables into batons or wedges. Combine them together and add the seasoning and garlic paste to coat well. Sprinkle some water and add the bread crumbs and mix. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and bake for 10 minutes. Give a nice shake to the veggies so that even baking is ensured. Once done serve immediately with your fav dips and enjoy!|
- Veggies take care of your nutrition intake.
- They are much lighter on your gut and easy to digest.
- You save yourself from any extra calories.
- Since the veggies are baked and not fried or grilled it is completely free from any fat.
HEALTHY HOMEMADE DIPS INSTEAD OF PROPRIETARY SAUCES:
Now, who doesn’t like to keep a stock for some life and time-saving spreads and sauces? But were you aware that the number of preservatives and sugar used in these proprietary sauces can rob you of your health? So to save you from all of those extra calories and sugar here is a quick and easy recipe for a homemade yogurt dip that will make an excellent and versatile dip for your snacking options, a great sandwich spread, and a tasty salad dressing.
And to top it all it goes amazingly well with the above-mentioned baked and crispy veggies.
|Hung curd – 1 bowlChopped cucumber – 1 no.Garlic paste – 1tspCoconut cream – 1 tbspChilli flakes – to taste Salt – to tasteParsley or coriander – 2 tbsp||Prepare hung curd a night prior to obtaining a thick and creamy consistency. Now add together all the ingredients and give it a nice stir. You may skip hanging the curd if you need to use it as a salad dressing. Now chill the dip and serve with your favorite appetizers.|
- Yogurt is an excellent probiotic source and free from fats and sugar.
- The dip aids digestion.
- Cucumber is another excellent vegetable to keep you cool and your gut healthy.
- The dip is absolutely fresh and healthy.
DARK CHOCOLATE HEALTHY RECIPES INSTEAD OF WHITE OR MILK CHOCOLATE
Did you know that chocolate could also offer a bounty of health benefits provided it’s free from sugar and fat and is completely organic and dark? It is absolutely true that dark chocolate is a rich source of potassium, iron, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium. It also contains antioxidants and its consumption in moderate amounts is actually good for health.
Let’s check out these amazing and quick dark chocolate almond rocks that will serve as an excellent post-workout snack.
|Dark chocolate – 1 cup Roasted almond – 1 ½ cup||Melt your dark chocolate on a double boiler or microwave it for 10 seconds, stir and repeat until it is of the required consistency. Add the roasted almonds to the chocolate and combine well so that the almonds are properly coated with chocolate. Now use a spoon to make small chocolate rocks and spoon them out on parchment paper. Chill the rocks and store them in an air-tight container. Store in a cool dry place or refrigerate in summer.|
- Almonds are rich in minerals, Vitamin E, fiber, poly nutrients, and monounsaturated fats.
- It makes an excellent workout snack that provides instant energy.
- It can also take care of your sweet cravings.
BANANA BREAD INSTEAD OF CAKES AND PUDDINGS
Sweet cravings can drive you crazy at times. But how about a healthy dessert choice that can also be prepared in a jiffy without much effort or fancy ingredients.
This banana bread recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth and also make an excellent dessert option for those sudden guests.
|Ripe bananas – 3 nos.Brown sugar – ½ cup olive oil – 2 tbsp wheat flour – 1 ½ cup baking powder 1tspBaking soda – ½ tsp cinnamon powder – 1 tsp Chopped walnut and raisins – quantity sufficient||Prefer using ripped bananas as they are richer in flavor, potassium, and fiber. Mash the bananas and whisk well with oil and sugar. Sieve in the dry ingredients and combine well. Lastly, add the chopped nuts and preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Bake for 30-45 minutes and bake test with a toothpick. Serve hot and enjoy.|
- Bananas are rich in fiber and potassium and low in sodium.
- It helps in aiding digestion.
- The recipe is free from unhealthy ingredients.
- Whole wheat flour instead of refined flour makes for an excellent healthy substitute.
- Brown sugar helps in losing weight, aids digestion, helps relieve period cramps, and improves skin health.
- Nuts provide energy and nutrients.
FOXNUTS INSTEAD OF POTATO CHIPS
Foxnuts are the new age substitutes for potato chips. Foxnuts make an extremely healthy, relishing, and filling snack that is also very easy to make and enjoy.
|Foxnuts – 1 bowlCow’s ghee – 1 tspSalt – to tasteCurry patta – 3-4 leavesMustard seeds – ½ tspChilli flakes – to taste||In a wok heat the ghee and add the curry leaves and mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle and then add salt and chili flakes. Now finally add the foxnuts while continuously stirring so that they do not burn from the bottom. Store in an air-tight container and enjoy anytime during the day.|
- Foxnuts help in maintaining blood pressure and slow down the aging process.
- They are an excellent source of calcium and also contain anti-inflammatory properties.
- Foxnuts help in treating infertility.
- Cow’s ghee is a rich source of Vitamin A, D, E, and K, and also improves muscle and body strength.
- Curry leaves also possess great health benefits and are rich in Vitamin A, B, C B2, iron, and calcium.
We hope we were able to help you get introduced to a healthier version of snacking yet enjoy those healthy substitutes. Try out these super amazing and easy recipes and let us know at avedaayur.com if you enjoyed creating and eating them.
For more such Happy and healthy Life tips, natural remedies, and health-related queries you can log on to our website and get in touch with our Ayurvedic experts.
Find a Diet Consultation Online: Get a Personalized diet chart for a happy and healthy life
We Care For Your Health
- 100% PRIVACY PROTECTION
- VERIFIED DOCTORS
- QUICK RESPONSE
Read More Related Articles: