What is Dengue Fever
Dengue fever can be explained as a disease spread by the mosquito “Aedes aegypti” and is developed by one of the four dengue viruses. Usually Platelet level decreases in dengue fever. These cells are required by our body in the formation of clots to stop bleeding. But in the case of dengue, these cells decrease from their normal range which is 1.5 lac/mL to 4.5 lac/ml. Dengue fever can occur in any person with weakened immunity but mostly females and children below the age of 12 years are at increased risk of being prone to dengue fever.
Once infected with dengue will develop antibodies in your body for the rest of your life but there is still a chance of being infected with dengue by other three viruses. Patients suffering from dengue feel signs and symptoms like sudden or high fever (up to 104° F), severe headache, nausea, intermittent bleeding from gums or nose, vomiting, skin rashes, pain in muscles and joints, bruising on the skin, febrile convulsions and swelling in lymph glands.
Diagnosis of the dengue is done by checking the platelet counts and determining the presence of infection or viral antibodies in the blood.
Home Remedies for Dengue Fever
Here are some home remedies which will help you in getting rid of dengue and getting relief while suffering from dengue. Take a look at these home remedies.
● GILOY – Giloy is considered as the most valuable herb to control any type of fever. In the condition of dengue, Giloy is very beneficial for lowering the temperature and enhancing immunity which further invades infections. Giloy is also available in tablet forms in Ayurvedic shops.
● PAPAYA LEAVES – The decreased level of platelets in dengue can give rise to serious complications. To the purpose of increasing platelet counts, Papaya leaves are very advantageous. These leaves are rich in Vitamin C and contain antioxidants properties which reduce the stress in the body. Along with that, Papaya leaves also decrease the symptoms such as fatigue, nausea, body ache and chills. Crush the papaya leaves and take out the juice. It is advised to take two tablespoons in a day.
● METHI LEAVES – Methi leaves are also very beneficial in lowering the raised body temperature, relieving the muscle pain, promoting healthy sleep and allowing the body to heal and rest. Along with the methi leaves, methi seeds can also be used. Soak methi seeds overnight and take them on an empty
stomach in the morning.
● TURMERIC – We all are well known about the health benefits of Turmeric. It is present in almost every Indian kitchen and used as a spice. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties, antimicrobial properties and antiseptic properties which boost the overall body health. Turmeric initiates inner healing, reduces inflammation and maintains body metabolism. You can take turmeric by adding one pinch of turmeric in milk.
● TULSI LEAVES – Tulsi is a well described herb in Ayurvedic literature due to its multiple health beneficial properties. Boil tulsi leaves with black pepper and consume it daily. It will increase your immune power and help in fighting with infections.
● HYDRATION – While suffering from dengue fever, dehydration is a common problem. So, it is beneficial to consume plenty of fluids to stay hydrated. This will detoxify your body and also aids the muscle cramps and headache. You can choose coconut water twice or thrice a day.
● NEEM LEAVES – Neem leaves are advantageous in dengue fever and in many other conditions. Boil neem leaves in water for some time and drink it after straining. This water will increase the platelet counts and white blood count (WBC) also. Some other benefits of neem leaves include strengthening of
the immune system, enhancing the appearance of skin, detoxification of the blood, etc.
● ORANGE JUICE – In dengue fever, citrus fruits are very favorable for health. Vitamin C is present in citrus fruits in very large quantities, mainly in oranges or orange juice. You can consume oranges as it will enhance your immune power, excrete out harmful toxins, defend against infections and help in cell
● GOLDENSEAL – Goldenseal is an herb showing its action similar to papaya leaves. In dengue
fever, dried roots of goldenseal are very useful to increase platelet counts and remove the virus from the body.
After reading this article, you get enough information about the home remedies that will help you in healing and restoring health while suffering through dengue fever. Above mentioned all home remedies are easy to get and are very beneficial for reducing symptoms and increasing the number of platelet counts in dengue. Use these remedies and recover soon. Wish you a fast recovery.