Are you taking your health for granted?
Do you ever sit back and thank your body for letting you experience the beautiful moments in life? The organs, tissues, and every single body cell contribute to a healthily functioning body. We often take our health and care for granted while getting consumed in the daily chores of life. But health is one thing that must be our topmost priority as it is the greatest of all possessions and as rightly quoted by Thomas Fuller, “ Health is not valued till sickness comes.”
Why is taking care of your Joints is Important?
We often see our mothers, grandparents, and elder family members suffering from acute joint pain which can cause complicated conditions like Arthritis. This mostly happens because we overlook taking care of our joints at the right age and time, only to realize it’s too late.
So if you haven’t given a thought to joint care as of now, do not worry, for we got you covered in this article. This article aims to fully educate you about joint care, for joints enable all physical movements of the body.
Read on to learn about the top 10 foods that help in joint lubrication, healthy lifestyle practices, herbal preparations, and healthy tips that promote joint care and functioning.
10 Joint Lubricating Foods
What we consume reflects in our health. It is important to follow a balanced and healthy diet to stay fit and healthy. When talking about joint care, foods that are rich in natural
oils help in lubricating them. Let us take a look at the top 10 food options that help in joint lubrication and care:
- NUTS AND SEEDS: Omega-3s fatty acids help in building bone density and reducing inflammation in the joints and connective tissues. A daily intake of walnuts, flax seeds, almonds, chia seeds, or pine nuts can take care of the body’s Omega-3s requirement and the natural oils present in these nuts and seeds will, in turn, take care of the body’s joint lubrication needs.
- FISH OILS: Cold water fish such as tuna, salmon, halibut, trout, and sardines are excellent sources of Omega-3s fatty acids. These polyunsaturated fats are proven to reduce inflammation in the joints and improve heart and brain function.
- FRUITS: Fruits help in managing the inflammation in the body and promote gut health. Blueberries, apples, pineapple, and tomatoes are rich in nutrients that help in providing relief from Arthritis and the pain caused by it.
- OLIVE OIL: Opt for healthy cooking options by choosing olive oil over other mediums of fat for cooking. The oil is rich in Omega 3 and promotes healthy joint functioning.
- BEANS AND LENTILS: Beans and lentils are packed with health benefits. They are rich sources of protein, essential minerals, and fiber. The magical flavonoid in black beans, pinto beans, chickpeas, and soybeans contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help in reducing joint pain and inflammation.
- WHOLE GRAINS: As per the Arthritis Foundation, whole grains produce fatty acids that are required to counteract inflammation. These grains include
- Brown rice
- Whole wheat
- ROOT VEGETABLE LIKE GARLIC: Root Vegetables like onion, garlic, turmeric, and ginger are rich in anti-inflammatory properties that help in treating arthritis and joint pain.
- DARK CHOCOLATE: Who could ever think that something as relishing as dark chocolate could also provide health benefits. Cocoa which is present in dark chocolate is rich in anti-inflammatory properties. So choose a chocolate that has a greater content of cocoa, and less sugar to benefit the maximum from dark chocolate.
- RED PEPPER: Red peppers are rich in Vitamin C, which helps in collagen production by the body. Collagen is a part of the cartilage, ligaments, and tendons that cushions the joints are responsible for holding them together.
- COCONUT OIL: Coconut oil is an essential oil that helps in reducing inflammation, joint pain, and helps in hydrating tissues. Its’s application and consumption both are equally beneficial and also help the body against fungal, bacterial, and viral infections.
Herbs for Joint Care
Herbs that can significantly reduce joint pain include
- Devil’s Claw
- Stinging Nettle
- Thunder God Vine
Joint Care at Home
Whether or not you’re suffering from a chronic joint condition such as Osteoarthritis (OA) or Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), practicing a few remedies to take care of your joints can help you gain relief and prevent joint pain:
- Remain physically active at all times and follow a moderate exercise routine.
- To enable swift and easy joint motion begin your exercise or workout routine with stretching.
- To lessen the pressure on joints and for overall well being, try and maintain your body weight within the healthy range.
- Massage your joints occasionally to lubricate them.
Arthritis Care with Life Aveda
Life Aveda, an Ayurvedic Company that swears, “a true devotion to healing” offers a variety of herbal formulations and care packs for Arthritis. These formulations are a hundred percent safe, organic, and chemical-free.
- ARTHO AID OIL
- ORTHO AID CAPSULES
Dosage: 1-2 capsules every day after meals, to be taken with normal water preferably.
- BOSWELLIA CURCUMIN
Dosage: 1-2 capsules to be taken daily post meals, with normal water.
- ARTHO AID OIL by Life Aveda is an Ayurvedic pain relief oil that also helps in providing relief from joint stiffness, inflammation, and soreness, without any kind of side effects. The oil is a composition of several other essential Ayurvedic oils that induce muscle flexibility and promote joints and muscle strengthening.
- ORTHO AID CAPSULES help in the protection and lubrication of joints and connective tissues. It improves the grip of hands and relieves aches and stiff muscles.
- BOSWELLIA CURCUMIN capsules are an effective Ayurvedic remedy for joint pain and arthritis. The anti-inflammatory herbs help in subsiding morning stiffness and swelling. The capsules also promote joint flexibility and detoxify blood and the liver.
Now that you know a great deal about joint care and health, we hope you will implement these tips, dietary, and lifestyle changes to ensure the longevity of your joints. Choosing foods that help in building bone density, reduce joint inflammation, and strengthen connective tissues not only provide relief from pain but also prevent and protect from injuries.
In case you would like to get further help or consultancy regarding joint mobility and lubrication or to find our Ayurvedic products online, you can connect with us at avedaayur.com where our Ayurvedic specialists encourage patients to adopt a healthy lifestyle that includes regular exercising, a healthy diet and prescribe herbal supplements to build strong bones and healthy joints.