Ayurvedic Treatment for Hair Loss
Hair fall or hair loss is a common problem among men and women and has given sleepless nights to both. Pollution, dust, dirt, chemicals, and cosmetics are some of the factors that cause hair fall. Hair fall and hair thinning have the most common issues among men and women nowadays. For some, it may be due to the genes while it may be caused due to the hair styling or coloring products containing certain chemicals.
What is Hair Fall?
Hair fall or alopecia is a term that means losing an amount of hair from part of the head or body on regular basis. Hair fall takes place when there is a disturbance in the cycle of hair growth and shedding or when the hair follicle is replaced with scar tissue. Usually, the new hair replaces the old or lost hair on the head but when there is a disturbance in this process, it results in baldness which suddenly develops over the years. Most people try to cover up the hair loss problem with hairstyles, makeup or hats, treatments, etc while many others leave it untreated.
Causes of Hair Fall
- Heredity is the most common cause of hair loss that occurs with aging and is also known as androgenic alopecia.
- Hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth menopause, and typhoid problems, and certain other medical conditions also cause hair loss
- The side effects of drugs used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, high blood pressure, etc can cause hair loss.
- Radiation therapies used to treat certain cancers may either result in complete hair loss or may not grow back in the previous form.
- Any physical or emotional shock can also result in temporary hair loss for some time.
- Hairstyles that pull your hair tight and continuous hairstyling result in hair loss condition which is also known as traction alopecia. However, applying permanents or hot oil treatments for hair also causes hair to fall out.
- An infection to the scalp may sometimes cause inflammation on your scalp and may result in hair loss later on.
Hair Loss in Ayurveda
The Ayurveda is considered as the ancient and longest surviving medical system and it refers the hair loss or abnormal hair fall as “ Khalitya” which means weakening of the hair from the hair roots. However, in modern science, hair loss is known as “ Alopecia Areata” or baldness. According to Ayurveda, balance in tridosha i.e. Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, determines your overall body health. Any imbalance in the three doshas may cause different conditions which are mentioned below and may ultimately lead to ‘ Khalitya”.
- When there is an increase in Vata dosha, the scalp becomes hydrated and results in hair fall, thinning of hair, dandruff, etc
- When there is an increase in Pitta dosha, hair starts to fall due to greasiness, overheat and scalp inflammation. It also makes hair roots weak and results in certain inflammatory diseases on your scalp.
- The increase in Kapha dosha makes your scalp oily and greasy and results in itching, dandruff, and hair loss.
Risk factors for Hair Loss
- Family history of baldness
- Increased weight loss
- Certain medical conditions, such as diabetes and lupus
- Poor nutrition
Symptoms of Hair Loss
Hair loss can either affect your scalp only or it can involve your whole body. The signs of hair loss can occur in different ways depending on what`s causing it. Below are some of the symptoms of hair loss:
- Gradual thinning on top of the head.
- Circular or patchy bald spots.
- Sudden loosening of hair due to physical or emotional shock.
- Full-body hair loss due to chemotherapy for cancer treatment.
- Patches of scaling that spread over the scalp.
Diagnosis of Hair Loss
Your healthcare provider will perform a physical exam and ask about your diet. The doctor will seek your medical and family history and will also enquire about your hair care routine. Moreover, you might also have the following tests:
- Blood test to determine the medical conditions that cause hair loss.
- Pull test to determine the stage of the shedding process.
- Scalp biopsy to examine the hair roots under a microscope. Light microscopy to determine the disorders of the hair shaft.
Treatment for Hair Fall
Certain effective treatments are available for certain types of hair loss which may help to either reverse your hair loss or slow it.
If the hair loss occurs due to any other underlying disease, then treatment for that disease is necessary. However, if you are taking any medication that causes hair loss, you will be advised to shun the medication for some time by the healthcare provider.
Hair transplant surgery
The most common type of hair loss is when the only top of the head is affected. You can make most of the hair that you have left with the help of a hair transplant, or restoration surgery. The doctor may remove the hair from the part of the head that contains hair and then transplant it on the bald portion. The procedure is painful and to ease the discomfort, the doctor will give you a sedative medicine to perform the hair transplant surgery. Bleeding, bruising, swelling and infection can be some possible risks of the procedure.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Hair Fall
To manage hair loss disease naturally, Ayurvedic medicines or remedies are worth considering. Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss disease mainly focuses to balance the doshas and restore the damaged hair. To tackle the problem of hair loss, Ayurveda recommends a proper diet and healthy lifestyle as they lay a direct impact on your hair and the health of your scalp. In Ayurveda, there are several natural herbs like hibiscus and Rosemary, Bhringraj and Amlaki ,Reetha, Shikakai, etc that improve the health of the scalp and are helpful to deal with hair loss problem
Below are Life Aveda`s Premium herbal products that you can use to control hair loss:
Premium Hair Vitals
Hair vitals vegetarian capsule is a perfect blend of the very traditional Ayurvedic herbs and western herbs which promotes conditions in the body that result in thick and lustrous hair. Along with hibiscus and Rosemary, Bhringraj and Amlaki makes it a rejuvenating and restoring tonic for hair. These herbs are rich in antioxidants that deeply cleanse and nourish hair follicles.
Onion Bhringraj Oil
A complete treatment for hair loss, premature greying, and dandruff. Restores and nurtures damaged hair. Rich in Sulphur, Potassium, and antioxidants, the Onion Bhringraj oil reduces hair fall and promotes hair growth. Head massage with Onion Bhringraj oil promotes blood circulation which aids in good night sleep. The oil is free from chemicals, toxins, color or dyes, and parabens.
Hair loss is a common disorder that occurs due to several reasons. If you are losing your hair gradually, the above-mentioned herbal products can help you a long way to deal with the problem. Moreover, you can also consult our Ayurvedic at +91-7743002520 to get the best treatment options for your condition.