How to Boost Your Child’s Immunity before they get back to school
Tips to boost child’s Immunity: As the pandemic robbed people of their wellness, health, and lives, it also took away the cheer from children’s happy school days and restricted the most joyous years of their lives to virtual classrooms.
- Encourage natural vitamin intake
- Promoting a healthy and nutritious diet
- Practicing hygiene
- Frequent handwashing
- Establishing a timely sleeping pattern
- Get them active
- Increase their water intake
The restrictions imposed during the pandemic lead to lockdown which severely affected the health and immunity of children-specific due to the lack of any physical activities, increased screen time, and unhealthy eating habits. Lack of exercise and proper nutrition can affect the cognitive development of a child and interfere with his learning, growing, and understanding abilities, while also weakening the immune system.
Now, as the restrictions are being lifted and schools are all set to reopen, it’s even more essential to take extra care of your child’s immunity and nutrition needs to allow him to stand strong against this social exposure to the environment and the viruses, germs, and bacteria that prevail in it.
This article here will guide you to boost your child’s immunity while also promoting their physical, mental, and social development.
- ENCOURAGE NATURAL VITAMIN INTAKE: by encouraging the natural intake of vitamin-rich fruits and vegetables, you can take care of your child’s vitamin needs. Pomegranates, oranges, sweet lime, kiwi, or tangerines are rich sources of Vitamin C and can help in building and boosting immunity. Fresh fruits and vegetables must as such be a part of your child’s regular diet as they promote energy and help them remain active.
- PROMOTING A HEALTHY AND NUTRITIOUS DIET: a healthy and balanced diet plays the most crucial role in a child’s physical and cognitive development. It is important to provide all the vital nutrients to children during their growth years to help them stay strong and encourage learning and growth. Proteins, fiber, calcium, iron, and various other minerals are essential elements that must be included in children’s diet.
Rich sources of these essential elements are:
- Fruits like banana, pear, raspberries, apples, and strawberries, and vegetables like avocado, carrots, beetroot, artichoke, broccoli along with kidney beans, chickpeas, quinoa, oats, and lentils are rich sources of fiber.
- Milk, cheese, yogurt, and other dairy items are sources of calcium.
- Eggs, meat, dairy foods, nuts, and seeds are high in protein content.
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, peas, beans, poultry, apricots, and raisins can take care of iron intake.
- PRACTICING HYGIENE: to ensure your child’s safety and keep him protected from germs and viruses it is important to build a hygienic and healthy environment around him/her. Encourage them to wear a mask at all times, and practice social hygiene. Make sure their clothes are regularly washed and cleaned so that they don’t carry germs around and catch any infections. These simple habits help to keep germs away from your children.
- FREQUENT HANDWASHING: motivate your child to regularly wash their hands especially post an outdoor activity, and before and after meals. When in school, explain to your child the importance of washing hands frequently and equip them with a handy bottle of sanitizer to ensure maximum safety.
- ESTABLISHING A TIMELY SLEEPING PATTERN: good and quality sleep increases the body’s resistance and helps in fighting against infections and diseases. As per the research conducted by experts, sound sleep is the best way to strengthen your child’s immune system. Make sure your child follows a healthy sleeping pattern regularly to allow them to wake up fresh and energetic for the school every morning.
- GET THEM ACTIVE: promoting outdoor activities, sports, and games in your children’s life is extremely significant in building strong immunity and resistance to diseases. Get your children to join sports clubs, and participate in games and physical activities which are fun and engaging. This aspect is extremely important in building strength, discipline, self-confidence, and managing social and emotional situations. Sports play a crucial role in building your child’s personality during the growing years.
- INCREASE THEIR WATER INTAKE: The best way to boost your child’s immune system is by staying hydrated is often taken for granted not only by kids but also by adults. Make sure you frequently remind your child to drink that extra glass of water every now and then, especially during this summer season as staying hydrated helps in improving blood circulation, removing toxins from the body, improving the metabolism, regulating the body temperature, and promoting overall resistance and body functioning.
Taking proper care of your child’s emotional, mental, and physical needs during the growing years is of extreme importance. So stir in these elements and motivate your children to resume the normal life by taking care of their diet and encouraging healthy habits to aid proper growth and nourishment, especially as they set their foot back to school.
In case you require any more dietary or health tips, you can get in touch with us at avedaayur.com, where our expert Ayurvedic doctors provide dietary consultation and guidance for your and your child’s wellbeing
We Care For Your Health
- 100% PRIVACY PROTECTION
- VERIFIED DOCTORS
- QUICK RESPONSE